Saturday, June 4, 2011

PICTURE TIME!!!









June 3rd was a day for scientific history! We, the three 'obruni sisters' in Ghana realized why ants are sooooo ruthless-- they have the "small man syndrome" aka "the napolean complex". See Exhibit A: these tiny ants started attacking this huge flying bug... while it was still alive... yeah.... ruthless.



Passing a Primary School on my way home from the Secondary School. I couldn't pass up the chance to take a picture of all the kids lining up shouting at me!











Main street, Wiamaose. This is the road we take to get into the main part of town, to walk home from the school I'm at, to really do anything.... isn't is beautiful?!



We attended a funeral just this Thursday. As we were sitting down with the other church members, a woman came around (to shake hands, which is customary). She pointed to us in the back and said something. A member turned around and said "she wants you to dance with her!" WHAT?!? The music soon started up again and sure enough, we got up to dance... as requested and she came over to dance with us... she is the one with her back turned to the camera.




Michelle, Madame Esther, Deidre












from left to right: Michelle, Deidre, me. special guest: Deidre's braids starring as our mustaches. :)





:: Me soaked in water from attempting to carry that huge bucket (I promise you it was A TON of water!) on my head. I did it...... but it think it might be best to start smaller and work my way up dontcha think?








Hope you enjoyed those pictures!! I promise I'm working hard on my project--> I'll be heading to the Cultural Center here in Kumasi right after posting this blog so I can learn more about the traditional dances and make some headway on that! Someone even told me they could teach me the dances there... oh joy!!!

3 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! It brings back fresh memories when I was exactly where you are right now. I miss my Ghana....

    How in the world did you find internet that would actually upload pictures?! I used to wait for an hour for one picture and it would not ever show up... if blogger even worked to begin with. Explain your magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. vodaphone.... the best thing to happen to the internet in africa :)

    ReplyDelete