Monday, July 25, 2011

Speechless... for once

As I sit on the floor of my room, I have struggled to find the words for this.... my last blog post of my stay in Ghana, my last blog post for one of the biggest growing experiences I've ever had, my last blog post for the summer that changed my life.

The other day, Emmanuel asked me what it was about Ghana that I loved so much. I turned to him and said : "You know Emmanuel, I never know how to put it into words. It could be because I have been wanting to come to Ghana for four years and I'm finally here. Or maybe, it is because I already loved this place and these people before I set foot here. But really, I think it is because when I am here, there is something that touches me soul... that fills a need I have that I cannot put into words."

Truly, that must be it. Ghana, in a way that no other place has, touched my soul and when I leave, that part of my soul will be empty again.... But you know, Steve Tyler can always express things better than me so I'll leave you with the words of a song that I have fallen in love with this summer (due to it being on Michelle's playlist)::

"I could spend my life in this sweet surrender/ I could stay lost in this moment forever/ for every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure/

I don't want to close my eyes/ I dont want to fall alseep cause I'd miss you babe and I don't want to miss a thing

Even when I dream of you/ the sweetest dream will never do/ I'd still miss you babe/ and I don't want to miss a thing"


3 comments:

  1. Don't worry Corrine. Ghana does not leave you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful Corrine. I'm glad you had such an awesome experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you Corrine! I wish we kept in better touch; after all, we did share a nasty bathroom for a semester!!!:) I really enjoyed reading this post. You should post more often so I can keep tabs on your life. xoxo

    ReplyDelete